The spending spree on social business upstarts lays bare five major trends transforming enterprise software. By Ryan Holmes, contributor FORTUNE — Microsoft is snatching up business social networking tool Yammer - a.k.a Facebook for the workplace - for $1.2 billion.
- Microsoft Confirms $1.2 Billion Yammer Acquisition (mashable.com)
- Behind Microsoft’s Yammer acquisition (tech.fortune.cnn.com)
- Supreme Court to rule on Obama health care plan - USA TODAY (content.usatoday.com)
- Microsoft Acquires Yammer and Two Other Stories You Need to Know (mashable.com)
- Microsoft buys Yammer for $1.2bn (bbc.co.uk)
- It’s Official: Microsoft Buys Yammer for $1.2 Billion Cash (forbes.com)
- Microsoft to Buy Yammer for $1.2 Billion (dealbook.nytimes.com)